Shared Hosting is a relatively cheap form of hosting wherein several websites reside at one place and you mutually live with all the others,just like an apartment (your account is one of many accounts that is present on the server that is run by the hosting provider). As in an apartment your actions can affect other people around,the same goes for shared hosting.
Shared Hosting often comes with all the necessities like WordPress hosting, e-mail clans, web builders etc.
Small business websites generally do not require many resources and bandwidth to support them as the number of people visiting them are usually not much. Moreover they are more simple and contain less data and hence shared hosting can be a vital option for them as shared hosting provides them with the necessary power and space at a much reasonable price and thus increases the effectiveness of the business.
Advantages of Shared Web Hosting
- The most important advantage provided by shared hosting is its cost effectiveness which could also be a deal breaker for most people.
- In case you want to start your business small and are not in need of much resources, than shared hosting can be a better alternative to dedicated or VPS Hosting.
- You will be more comfortable managing your site in shared hosting. Professional and experienced web host manage the organization all the time.
Disadvantages of Shared Web Hosting
- Your internet site might experience the effects of sharing the resource with other people and may cause performance issues.
- The biggest challenge is the limited resources available.
- Shared hosting is not a preferable option of your business is big and demands more storage and bandwidth.
Also Check: how to switch web hosting?