Okay, you have a blog. You never failed to apply your SEO techniques (on-page, off-page or any other) yet no one even bothers to go back to your site or read your posts. As a result, no one shares a link to your blog or lingers for even a while. Your page rank does not increase and so does your search engine ranking. What seems to be the problem?
Your content or post must be the problem. Hmmm…. To spice things up, you might want to take note of the tips below:
- Tackle things that interest you the most. It can be a person, place, thing, or event. Make sure that your topic is relevant as of the moment. Use your keyword research technique to look for possible topics that you can write. If you want, you can even discuss about your expertise. Give advice and clarify things on your blog.
- Be relatable. Write in a way that your readers can relate to you. Be friendly and approachable. Make your piece conversational so that readers feel that you are talking to them in person. The best trick to make this possible is through sharing your experience. Who knows, your readers might relate to your stories and see themselves in you. Through this method, you will be able to make a connection with your followers.
- Don’t be afraid to use bullets and list. Normally, people linger on your site for as long as 3 minutes or less. If you don’t get their attention right away, chances are they will be gone before you can even say “hello”. To make them read your post, use lists and bullets to present your points. This is also a way of organizing your thoughts or ideas. Notice that I am using this technique right now.
- Do not copy other people’s posts. Search engines don’t like copied content. Instead of bringing you up, your ranking or rankings will even contribute to your deep plunge. If you don’t know your topic, there is always Google. Research your topic so you can get ideas on what to write about.
- Keep It Short and Simple (KISS). You don’t want to readers to doze off in the middle of reading your post, right? If your post is about your research work, keep the points laid out in bullets and present them in a way that your readers can easily see them.
However, do not keep your post too short to that point that you are cutting corners. Explain your points clearly yet briefly. Make sure that your details are understandable. Again, remember the acronym K.I.S.S (Keep It Short and Simple) when writing your post.
In addition to writing good posts, do not forget to use your internet marketing strategies to promote your blog or site. You can bookmark, use social networking sites, or back link. When you combine all those efforts, I am sure that your blog or site will go a long way.
Good luck and I hope that your efforts will be rewarded soon.
Author’s bio:Marcy Gray likes sharing her tips and tricks, and opinions through writing. In addition, she likes to write about various topics such as britax b ready stroller.